
It was Friday the 7th of May and a group of eager Year 5 and 6's were heading off to compete in the Manawatu Red Kiwi Orienteering 2010!
My heart pounded against my chest. I was very excited, but I was also a bit nervous. "Next". Oh my gosh! Thats me! I stepped forward to get a map. " Good luck" said a lady. I scanned the thing on my finger and..... I was off! Sprinting down the path I found the first scanner. I popped my thing in and kept running. Soon enough I had already completed half the course. I was REALLY tired but I kept up my pace. After a little while I saw the finish line looming up before me. "GO SOPHIE!!!!!" someone screamed. I zoomed up to the last scanner... "BEEP!" I had done it! I had completed the orienteering course.
In the end I finished with a time of 11 minutes 15 seconds, the winning time! . I can't wait to do it again next year!

WOW! Soph this is awesome! You must have pushed yourself to complete the orienteering! I know how hard it was too!
ReplyDelete